Apple and Blackberry Cheesecake
This baked cheesecake is an indulgent seasonal treat.
Great for those warm autumn days and just the ticket to say goodbye to summer.
Serves 6 - 8 people.
Available from British Corner Shop
- A packet of McVitie's Hobnobs reduced to crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of Schwartz Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Supercook Extract of Vanilla
- 1/2 a jar of Wilkin & Sons Blackberry Jelly
- 1/2 a jar of Colman's Bramley Apple Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of Silver Spoon Icing Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Jif Lemon Squeezy Juice
To be Sourced Locally
- 400g of Cream Cheese
- 4 large Eggs
- 150ml of Double Cream
- 100g of Unsalted Butter
Heat the oven to 160°C.
Melt the butter and add the cinnamon and the biscuit crumbs before pressing into a 20cm x 10cm deep loose-bottomed cake tin.
Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
Combine the eggs with the icing sugar, then add the cream cheese, vanilla, cream and lemon juice and beat together until smooth before pouring over the biscuit base.
Melt the jelly to a pouring consistency and drizzle over the cheesecake mixture, and repeat with the apple sauce.
Run a skewer through the mixture lightly to create a marbled effect and then bake for 50 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and wobbles deliciously. Do not allow it to brown!
Chill and serve garnished with fresh blackberries or double cream - the cheesecake will crack as it cools however this is completely fine.
Recipe Date: 1st September 2011. Recipe copyright of: Hannah Freeman