Cornish Crab Soup
Traditionally, April was the last month that shellfish was deemed to be in season - eat in any month with an R in it, so the saying goes.
This elegant soup is an old Cornish recipe, perfect served with a plain buttered scone.
Makes 6 servings.
Available from British Corner Shop
- 1 litre of stock made from Knorr Chicken Stock Gel Pots
- 1 tin of Princes Crab Meat
- 75g of Uncle Ben's Long Grain Rice
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of freshly grated Schwartz Whole Nutmeg
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Lightly Salted Croutons
- 1 tablespoon of Geo Watkins Anchovy Sauce
- 1 tin of John West Dressed Crab
To be Sourced Locally
- 150ml of Double Cream
- 568ml of Full Cream Milk
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Add the chicken stock and rice to a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the milk, salt, pepper, anchovy sauce and dressed crab.
Bring to boiling point, then remove from the heat and gently stir in the crab meat.
Swirl in the double cream just before serving in warmed bowls with some croutons and a little grated nutmeg.
Video - Creating Cornish Crab Soup
British Corner Shop chef Hannah Freeman shows you step by step how to prepare this delicious Cornish Crab soup.
Recipe Date: 2nd April 2012.