Christmas Savoury Plait
If like Rudolph eating on the hoof is your style, this satisfying savoury plait is sure to be a Christmas hit.
It features many savoury Christmas highlights!
Serves 4 people.
Available from British Corner Shop
- 4 Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 a small packet of Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix, made up as instructed
- 2 generous tablespoons of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 a small tin of Batchelors Garden Peas
- 1/2 a tin of Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup
- Bisto Gravy Granules made up as instructed, to serve
To be Sourced Locally
- 3 generous slices of cold roast Turkey
- 100g of Sausage Meat
- 100g of New Potatoes, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 1/2 a packet of ready-made Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
Heat the oven to 175°C.
Roll the pastry into a 30 x 40cm rectangle.
Make a series of cuts about 1cm apart along both the 40cm long sides to create a fringed edge, leaving a 20cm central area.
Lay the turkey on the pastry, followed by the sausage meat and then the stuffing.
Then add a layer of potato, a layer of chestnut, a layer of cranberry sauce and finally the peas mixed in with the chicken soup.
Season to taste and wrap the pastry fringe in a criss-cross form before glazing with beaten egg.
Cook for around 40 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
Serve with some Bisto gravy and fresh vegetables.
Recipe Date: 15th November 2011.