Summer Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
These yummy little cakes are perfect for afternoon tea.
Hiding at the centre of each delicate pink cupcake is a white chocolate centre.
Serves 6 people - but you can double or treble the recipe. Now there's a temptation!
Available from British Corner Shop
- 70g of McDougalls Self Raising Flour
- 6 squares plus an extra 20g of Green and Black's Organic White Chocolate
- 50g of Silver Spoon Caster Sugar
- 100g of Silver Spoon Icing Sugar
- 1/2 a tin of John West Strawberries in Juice
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Supercook Extract of Vanilla
- Dr Oetker Barbie Sprinkles for decoration
To be Sourced Locally
- 50g of Butter plus 25g for the icing
- 1 Egg
Heat the oven to 180°C.
Beat the butter and sugar together.
Carefully add the egg.
Fold in the flour gently.
Add the vanilla extract and the fruit.
Half fill 6 cupcake cases with the mixture, put a square of chocolate on the top and cover with more mixture.
Bake for about 10 minutes until they spring back when pressed and then leave to cool.
Beat the icing sugar and remaining butter together until soft and then add a couple of spoonfuls of the juice from the strawberries.
Melt the remaining chocolate and add it to the icing mixture.
When the cupcakes are cool, ice and finish with pink sprinkles.
Recipe Date: 8th July 2011. Recipe copyright of: Hannah Freeman